Thursday 13 November 2008

Hill House Gardens Here We Come

Six weeks leaving in the temporary housing was quite an experienced. We moved into our house (rental property) on October 14. The first two nights, we basically slept on a blow-up bed. Luckily two days later, our household goods arrive before I could finished unpacking the first shipment. Needless to say, this is when the fun begins. You see boxes everywhere, it took me three weeks to finally put things in order. However, it doesn't mean that it is in perfect order yet. There are still quite a few things that I may still move into different section of the house. You know how women are??? It will probably take a few months to really get the house to where I can be comfortable (how perfectionist!). Anyway, take a little tour of the house today.
Katie's room. Her favorite color is red. Luckily the carpet is already red and I am coordinating the room with the same color of accessories. In the same section of the room is where we place the computer desk. As you can see, Rodney is on it.


Ashley's room the theme is "Hello Kitty" I think, she likes her room.



Guest Room
















Master Bedroom
Kitchen













Of course the "Kitchen" this is where I spend most of my time cooking and doing some work. It is the warmest spot of the house because the "SUN" is shining through the windows, if any.

















The "Living Room" is kind a roomy. We definitely have more room for more living room furnitures. Same thing for the "Dining Room" on your right.
















The "Conservatory Room" which is a "Sunroom" . We enjoy watching "TV" in this room. On your right, parked in the front of the house is the "Acura" and a "Lexus," which we just bought as a second car. It is a 1995 and in good condition. Rodney is enjoying it.

As the day goes by, I am beginning to learn my way around in the neighborhood. This little village called "Stanwick" is actually a decent neighborhood. About 500 ft. away from my house you will see: 1) "General Store" they sells just about everything you will need in your daily routine; 2) If you don't want to cook, you will see "Chinese Take Away" (well know for "to go" Chinese Restaurant in the U.S). This Chinese Take Away is also talk of the town. They have the best food in the area. I kind a beleive that because Rodney and I tried several Chinese Take Away around RAF alconbury and guess what? it did not taste like chinese food. We actually like the food here better; 3) there is a "Club" and a "Pub". What is the difference? Well, I have never been to the club. My guess is just like a typical club in the state. Pub is somewhat like "Apple Bees," Bennigans and so on..they serve lunch and dinner and they have a bar as well. We ate there once, unfortunately we don't think that we are going back..It was a bad experience, but of course that may just be us; 4) the "Buthcher Shop." I am acutally enjoying buying fresh meat there. It is inexpensive and its near by. So, when I don't have any meat in the refrigerator I can just walk and buy some fresh meat; 5) a "Church" with graveyard around it. We also haven't been there and I am not sure if they have service on Sundays. But wait, every village in the UK have churches that looks like this; so I cannot use the church as a land mark because they are all identical; 6) a lake "Stanwich Lake" WOW! They are actually building a theatre by the lake. Rodney and I visited the lake and it is going to be our spot to get our exercise especially when the weather gets better and last but the least; 7) companies right in my backyard, "the horses" they are becoming my everyday friends. They come and visit every afternoon to say "hello." Of course, I am just kidding! They are actually looking for Rodney.. Horse Ha! Ha! Ha!









2 comments:

crystalcav said...

The house looks so nice! It looks like you've been busy settling in. The town looks so nice and quiet!

JLeigh2015 said...

Your house looks great! I found out you had a blog too from Ashley's blog. I am glad to see that you guys are settling in!

- Jamie (Ashley's friend)