Tuesday 30 September 2008

"A New Found Sport"

No tennis, no step aerobics, no Ross, no Marshall, and no TJMaxx. What else is there to do when it is always cloudy and cold outdoors. I tried to walk, but it seems that it is not enough exercise. Reading, writing, watching TV and cooking can get boring at times. Aerobic class can cost a fortune here. Movies get expensive, if you go everyday. So, Rodney and I walk in the afternoon for about 2 miles and then 30 minutes of raquet ball. Yes! you heard me right!! "RAQUET BALL" a more faster game. As expected, first time I played it, I bruised on my elbow, knees and arms. Too bad for a beginner. But you know what, I'm beginning to like it. It will really give you total workout and burn a lot of calories. I think, I just found a new sport. Of course, I will not forget the rest. :)

Oh yah! Today, I drove a car for the very first time since I arrive in England. Even though, I have not passed my driving exam yet. I only drove on base where I was only driving 15 miles/hour, ha!ha!ha! I wonder, how I would react once I start driving outside the base where you will see all the fast drivers in a narrow road.

Movie Theatre

We finally found a movie theatre close to the base. To my surprise, I actually like it. It is a big theatre and the seats are very comfortable. And guess what, the movie goers are very serious when watching a movie. NO ONE TALKS! In fact, I got embarassed while watching a movie. I said something to Rodney, and the person in front of us turned around and look at us. it only meant "BE QUIET PLEASE!" So we know now, to be quiet!!!! Oh yah! they sell sweet popcorn and salted popcorn and it is very expensive.

London

London is almost like New York or any major City. Nothing but shops traffic and people. Eating places are everywhere. Trains are accessible. Of course, we haven't really visited the major tourist attractions. I am pretty sure there is more to it and I will be back with you. CHEERS! (is what english people say instead of "thank you").
Left picture, I though is a beautiful English Bldg and on the right is inside the train station (King's Cross) in London.

No comments: